A few years ago I made my first Thing in a Bottle out of a glass apothecary jar and a dollar store toy "grows in water" starfish. For my second Thing in a Bottle, I used an apothecary jar with a smaller opening and I used a toy snake instead of a starfish, hoping it would give me a better look once it was in the bottle.
After cleaning off the slime and allowing the snake to dry out and re-shrink, I cut off its tail. The whole snake would have been far too large to fit into the jar once expanded, so I only used a small piece of the tail. Then I used an exacto knife to cut the stump into four tentacles, to make the new "head" look like a tentacle faced worm. As crude as my effort was, it still looks better than a cut off stump.
Making Monsters - The very talented Josh Hardie serves up a detailed look at sculpting a mutant fetus specimen. One of the biggest takeaways from the video is how amazingl...
18 hours ago