Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Right Stuff

Just in case any of you were wondering what the hell that grimy looking paint covered mess is all over my work table (visible in some of my recent project photos), it is the unsung hero of my workbench, Reynold's brand Plastic Coated Freezer Paper! This stuff is awesome. It comes in a large roll, plenty to work with, and is cheap. I use it to cover my work area for every project I do. It allows me to be as sloppy as I need to be, and ensures that I always have a nice clean work surface. I never have to scrub and scrape the table top to get rid of paint, or wax, or glue, or whatever. When my paper gets too dirty for my liking, I just rip it up, throw it away, and tape down another piece. I don't have to worry about where I lay my paintbrush, or about letting the glue drip, or anything like that.

It comes with one side coated in plastic, so I can decide if I want to put the plastic side up, or down. If I put it down, I can use it like a piece of scrap paper, use it for doodling designs, noting measurements, mixing paint, unloading my brush for dry-brushing, etc. If I put the plastic side up, I have a nice slick water resistant surface that wipes off easily. Whichever side I choose to put facing me, there is still one side coated in plastic, so the paper is mostly non-permeable to liquids, which means the table top remains clean no matter what. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment