Just a very quick note about this little piece of back-catalogue. This is a lamp shade that I made for the store's grow-light a few years ago. Like I mentioned, I can't keep plants alive for more than a few weeks, so I eventually gave up on the indoor plants, and the grow light, and so the lamp shade was retired.
It was made from a plain craft paper lamp shade that I got from the craft store. I used a hammered metallic black spray paint on it. Then I cut out holes in random locations using a 50 cent piece as a template. From the underside, I glued pieces of colored cellophane over the holes. Then, I glued large river-stone shaped clear glass disks over top of the holes. I finished it off by drawing a leaf and vine pattern over the surface with black glitter puffy-paint. It looks quite nice when it is lit up, buy I'm not going to bother setting it up to show you.
Preparing the Drury Lane Pantomime, Part 3, 1901 - Making masks for pantomime in 1901. Related posts: - Preparing the Drury Lane Pantomime, Part 2, 1901 Plaster casts, needlework, and trick props a...
14 hours ago