Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy News

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, but I've had some changes in my life recently. For the past two months I've been working on getting custody of my daughter. I won't go into the details of how or why this came about, but suffice to say it is what I and my daughter wanted. My daughter has been living with me during the interim, and now the paperwork is signed and filed. This change has caused more than a few adjustments to my lifestyle.

But do not despair, I have LOTS of pics of my next project ready to post. It's just a matter of getting them online. It's called "The Black Duke", and it is a series of three props I created for an independent movie project. A small leather bound journal, a large eldritch tome, and a big ancient looking chest to put them in. I took a whole bunch of pics during the construction of each. I'm very proud of this project. The items came out better than I had expected, utilized a new finishing technique that created a very realistic effect, and represents a milestone in my development as an artist. The producers of the movie were very happy with the items. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie when it is finished.

2 comments:

  1. Your projects are unimportant. Getting custody of your daughter is. I don't know what the circumstances are but having been involved in similar circumstances I do understand. Hang in there and do right. Girls are our only hope in this world of uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, buddy! I'm keeping fingers crossed that all works out well for you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete