Friday, March 3, 2017

Turning an Acorn Pendulum (First Project Video)

Well, I said I was thinking about doing it, and now I've gone and done it. I've published my first video to YouTube. I can definitely say that videos are not going to be replacing my regular blog posts any time soon. A blog post takes me anywhere from fifteen minutes to two hours to write and publish. Just the editing of this first video took me over 8 hours!


Clearly I need more practice at, well... everything. But especially video making and editing. The original raw footage was a little over fifteen minutes, and the final video was just over five minutes. Of course, I do expect that things will go a little faster when I am more familiar with the editing software, but from everything I've seen and heard, video editing will always be a slow process.

As a bonus, I have also embeded the very first video I shot, which was just an editing test. It's pretty bad.


If I do continue making videos, I will most likely embed them here on this blog, just like this. But you can always subscribe to my YouTube channel, so you won't have to sift through all the blog posts just to watch videos. If you have any comments or feedback on the video, post it here or in the video's comments. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment