Thursday, March 26, 2009

Paperback Recover #2


Here is the second of my series of Cthulhu Cycle book re-covers. The process was exactly the same as my first paperback re-cover, so I will not bore you with a play-by-play of the process. The only thing I did differently with this book, is I used ripped up pieces of craft paper, instead of one single piece. The final product was largely the same, but I think I like doing it in one piece better. This volume has just gone up for sale on ebay. I actually like the way this one came out better than the first one. Something about the green and gold works well for me. Also, Instead of using a cast resin piece for the front cover centerpiece, I cut a glyph out of chipboard and painted it to look like aged brass. This has the advantage of keeping the front cover flat, so that it will rest nicely against the other books on the shelf. I will probably continue with this style for my future volumes in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment