Thursday, July 15, 2010

9th Gate (red edition)


I have a stack of some 15 or so encyclopedia re-cover projects that are half finished sitting in my workshop. I needed to add some high end product to the Prize Table this year when Rogue Cthulhu went to Origins 2010, so I quickly finished up one of the items that had been sitting in limbo for several months.


It is essentially very similar to one I did a year ago that I called "the 9th Gate", in honor of the movie that it reminds me of. This edition has one unique feature (besides the red cover) that the other did not. It has a very interesting red speckled pattern on the page edges that looks like blood spatter. Interestingly enough, I did not create this pattern. It was put there by the publishers of the New Standard Encyclopedia, from which this tome is made. I liked it so much that I decided to leave it as is and not repaint over it.

As this was a bit of a rush job, I didn't do anything fancy with the end papers, or put in a book mark. Still, it's a nice prop for a Vampire of Cthulhu larp game, or would make an interesting conversation piece. This book is currently for sale on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment