Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cthulhu Snowman Sculpture

This was my first attempt at sculpting (unless you count those clay ashtrays everyone makes in 1st grade). It dates back to about 2001. It is supposed to be a statue of Cthulhu, but it looks more like a cthulhu-esque snowman to me.

It stands about 4 inches tall and was made with white Sculpy over an aluminum foil core. The eyes are red tipped glass head straight pins. The arms and legs are just simple rolled tentacles, basically because I was/am not a good enough sculptor to make anything better. I do like the way the mouth tentacles came out though. I think they give the face a lot of character.

I never have gotten around to painting it. Mostly because I'm afraid of doing a bad job and screwing up an otherwise decent little sculpture. I'll get around to it someday. Until then, I just use photoshop filters to see how it may look with a different finish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment