Sunday, January 25, 2009

Twelve Steps to Sanity

I have been crafting in one form or another for quite some time. Starting back when I was about 11 years old , I designed my own t-shirts, which I used to paint by hand. But this "Arkham Outpatient Program" pin was one of the first items I made for my gaming group, Rogue Cthulhu, back in 1999, and it is still one of my favorites. It is a take on the tokens given out by modern support groups and "12 step" programs as members reach certain milestones in their "recovery". The step number was kept small to indicate that the wearer was still a long way from being sane.
.
The design for this pin was laid out using Corel Draw and was made into a wearable badge with a pin backing with a hand press by "Badge A Minute". Several dozen of these pins have been distributed through Rogue Cthulhu at the Origins Game Fair and through eBay sales (I used to ship one with a copy of a Certificate of Completion from Arkham Sanitarium). This design has also been available on tote-bags and other items via Rogue Cthulhu's CafePress store.

1 comment: